[spp-player optin=”off” ctabuttons=”off” url=“youraudio.mp3″]
I can’t quite believe it, but this is the last episode in the first season of the Fear Free Childbirth Podcast. To finish I thought it would be nice to end with my own positive birth stories. After all, it’s the birth of my two daughters that have inspired all my work in this area and for me it all started with these two very magical experiences.
To help me share my positive birth stories, I invited Jennifer Nesbit Holt back on the show to be my guest host. I chatted to Jennifer right at the beginning of the podcast about her wonderful birth story, and as a fellow podcaster, I knew she’d do a great job. (And I just LOVE her accent!).
My Positive Birth Stories
If you’ve ben listening to the podcast, you’ll know that I when I was first pregnant, I was completely terrified of giving birth. I had all sorts of things going on in my head that I knew I had to face up and deal with before my birth. During my chat I share how I went from being completely phobic… looking back I’m sure it was tokophobia… to being totally fear free about birth;
- How I felt about my first pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage
- What I did to help me to overcome my fears in the lead up to my first birth
- How I dealt with my fear of the ring of fire as my baby was crowning during my first birth
- How my second pregnancy compared to my first when it came to my level of fear
- Why my second pregnancy forced me to immerse myself in birth edcuation
- How being an older mum changed my second pregnancy
- How I dealt with the negativity from my medical team when I was being pressured to be induced at 38 weeks
- Why I asked my medical team to agree on a different due date to the one I was given
- How I handled the stress of regular fetal monitoring
- How I prepared for my second birth
- Visualisations around how I wanted my birth to be
- Talking to my baby
- Clearing my baby’s fears
- How I believe visualisation contributed to my second birth
There is so much more that I would have liked to have shared, but I’m going to save it for my second season. Of course, if you have any questions, then come and ask me – you can do it below in the comments or just email me at alexia [at] this domain!
Season 2 of the podcast will return in early 2016 and I would love to know if there is anything that you would like to hear. Let me know if there are any topics that you’re interested to hear more about, or maybe there are some guests that you think would be great to have on the show. Let me know in the comments!