Well, today’s podcast is the first one back after my August break and boy am I pleased to be back!
I had some great news while I away; I found out that the podcast is a finalist in the UK Podcasting Awards which is amazing! Unfortunately as I was on holiday in places with no wifi and very poor phone reception, I wasn’t able to make a huge song and dance about it. The award ceremony is in a couple of weeks so I’ll let you know how I get on.
In today’s show I chat to Giuditta Tornetta. Giuditta is a doula and best-selling author based in LA who works with the rich and famous, and is rumoured to have been Pink’s doula. Guiditta also works with those who are in needy and disadvantaged through her foundation, the Joy in Birthing Foundation where she leads a team of doulas who support women who are alone and isolated in their birthing experiences.
Here’s a little bit more about Guiditta from a snippet on her website Joy in Birthing
“Giuditta Tornetta is a certified birth and postpartum doula, lactation educator, a certified clinical hypnotherapist, a NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) practitioner. Giuditta practices clinical hypnotherapy and a method of natural childbirth that uses hypnotic techniques to reduce stress and fear during labor and delivery. Her love for women and the birthing and parenting experience has enabled her to help hundreds of women in her practice and thousands with her book and lectures, to obtain the birthing experience they deserve and desire.
She focuses on infant mental health and pre-post birth bonding, where she uses guided meditations and visualizations to help women communicate and empower their babies before birth. As a lactation educator and postpartum doula, Ms. Tornetta helps couples settle into a natural routine once the baby comes home. Through education, compassion, practical as wells as emotional support, Doula Giuditta teaches new parents how to decipher the newborn’s vocal and body language.
Giuditta is also a published author of the best selling book Painless Childbirth: An Empowering Journey Through Pregnancy and Birth.”
During our chat Guiditta shares so much wisdom and insight that it’s really worth making yourself a nice hot cup of something and taking a moment. Some of the things we talk about include
- Painless childbirth; what painless childbirth means and how a painless childbirth is possible.
- How to think about pain so that you have can have a positive birth experience
- Why having a conscious birth is important if you want a painless childbirth experience
- What being conscious means when it comes to pregnancy and birth
- How we can approach the task of doing the work and use our chakras for guidance
- How the 9 chakras are reflected in our 9 months of pregnancy
- How tapping into Red Tent communities and the Red Tent concept can help you to embrance and reclaim your feminitity – all inspired by the book Red Ten by Diana Dimant
You can find out more about her books here
You can find out more about her work at
Joy in Birthing Foundation – her foundation that supports disadvantaged pregnant women
Loving the Mother – the workshops she runs with Nicola Goodall (who I interviewed a few weeks back)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:02:02 — 56.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
- How partners can support women during pregnancy & birth, with Souvereign - 22nd August 2022
- Scared of birth? Fear is not the only problem. - 1st December 2021
- How to clear your fears yourself - 28th May 2021